When did Ruth die in the Bible
Ruth, The Book - Bible lexicon
The Book of Ruth is a book of extraordinary interest. There is a fitting picture of personal piety and benevolence at a time when the people of Israel were in a low state. It shows godly people in days of decline who have behaved faithfully in their respective circumstances.
Ruth was a Moabite woman, the wife of Machlon, one of the sons of Elimelech and Naomi, who had gone to Moab to stay there because of a famine. After the death of Elimelech and his sons, Naomi returned to Bethlehem as a widow, accompanied by her daughter-in-law Ruth, who was close to her. Ruth confessed that the God of Naomi was her God and that the people of Naomi were also her people.
When the barley was harvested, Ruth went to the boaz's field to pick up ears of wheat. Boaz was a close relative of Elimelech, a wealthy man. He noticed Ruth and was kind to her. Ruth did this job both during the barley and wheat harvests. Boaz threw barley on the threshing floor and lay down after he had eaten and drunk. Ruth followed her mother-in-law's instructions and came and lay down at his feet. After he woke up, she said that he was a blood relative. Boaz agreed to this, pointing out that there was an even closer relative than him. He informed the latter about the circumstances. But he refused to redeem the inheritance. And so Boaz released the entire property of Elimelech and that of his sons. Boaz took Ruth to his wife. She gave birth to a son named Obed, who later became the father of Jesse and the grandfather of David.
Ruth is mentioned in Matthew 1,5, so that we have a Moabite woman with her and a Canaanite woman with Rahab in the genealogy of the Lord Jesus. This line of ancestry sheds no honorable light on the people of Israel according to the flesh.
In the book of Ruth one can also see a prophetic meaning: Naomi represents Israel. By death Israel was separated from God (Elimelech means "God is my King"). Israel was like a widow, lonely among the nations. Ruth is one Image of the remnant through which the people will bring forth a son on the basis of grace. Christ (represented in the person of Boaz) as a kinsman of Israel had the right to redeem the inheritance, and he will take care of their case and make it a glorious one Result.
References to this article
- What are the biggest mistakes Yahoo made
- Can alcoholics stop drinking
- Which word has no meaning
- Why did my Quora account create itself
- Depression may cause cognitive impairment
- How long does penile atrophy last
- Are my friends true friends or not
- What is 50 of 20 1
- How vulnerable are you emotionally
- Which fruit is good for diabetes
- Where can I have sex in Ranchi
- What are some epic photos of Shiva
- What are unhealthy eating habits
- Is thai food good for you
- Are there millionaire pilots
- Which countries have a McDonalds?
- Is it bad to put ice in a blender?
- Why did Voldemort die killing Lily?
- How are commercial buildings being demolished
- Are students arrogant today?
- Atoms can absorb two photons at the same time
- What is failure mode and effect analysis
- Is the human soul or consciousness antimatter
- What are some FRENCH CAKE WORDS
- Support Donald Trump protesters in Hong Kong
- What are the applications of consumer behavior
- What is the space within an atom
- What are the goals of marketing
- Which video game has the best lore
- Have insect feelings
- What are simple business intelligence tools available
- Have you tried Malaysian food
- Working Walmart Associate Discounts Online
- Can you use WordPress for a responsive website