Why are balls made of brass
A ball valve is a valve with a ball drilled through as a closing body. A ball valve is mostly used as a shut-off valve. There are also designs that are suitable for throttling the flow. A ball valve is closed by turning the ball by 90 °. In the case of large pipe diameters, the 90 ° rotation is translated by means of a gear unit due to the high working torque. The ball can be designed either as a ball guided with a pin or as a floating ball. The housing and ball are usually made of brass, gray cast iron, nodular cast iron or cast steel. Depending on the pipe diameter, the pipe connection consists of a threaded connection or a flange connection. A seal is attached between the housing and the ball, which is made of plastic or metal, depending on the operating temperature.
A ball valve has no influence on the pressure loss in the pipe network, as the full pipe cross-section is released when it is open. The release of the full cross section also allows the use of a pig z. B. for cleaning the pipeline. Ball valves also have relatively small installation dimensions compared to other shut-off valves. Depending on the speed of the medium, the rapid closing speed of a ball valve can lead to pressure surges in the system. Due to the design, dead spaces arise in the ball valve. B. can lead to hygienic problems in drinking water installations.
Ball valves are often used as shut-off valves in heat supply networks and cooling supply networks, e.g. B. used in front of pumps, on distributors and for venting and emptying. Ball valves can also be used for gaseous media.
English translation (s):
- Anorexia is a mental illness
- How was Capablanca so good at chess
- What are the main continents
- Can I eat green grapes during pregnancy?
- How can you prevent videos from being buffered?
- Who killed Sirius Black in Harry Potter
- What is the connection between halal and gelatin
- Get used to slaughtering animals
- How did you build leadership skills
- Does anyone have a killer dhansak recipe
- Which first developed plants or animals
- Amazon's affiliate program is worth it
- What do Africans like to eat
- What are some good newsletters out there
- Are there additional room dimensions
- Are child geniuses smarter than their parents
- What are good investment learning games
- How important are college interviews
- What is machine learning and AI
- What is impact investing
- There is always space and time
- Why do people eat at McDonalds
- Can a BB gun kill an iguana
- Requires time movement in every dimension