Cancer can live in an alkaline body
Acidification and Cancer | Scientific facts & tips
Acidification in cancer is favored by the specific metabolic processes of degenerate cells. Unlike normal body cells, a tumor does not need oxygen to generate energy from sugar (Warburg effect). Rather, the principle of fermentation is used by adding sugar to milkacid (Lactate) is metabolized. As a result, there is more lactate in the blood and shifts the pH value of the body into the acidic range, which can ultimately lead to hyperacidity (Lactic acidosis). This effect is most pronounced in the immediate vicinity of the tumor. The pH value of the tissue there is not only particularly acidic but also low in oxygen (hypoxic). Although the tumor has the ability to sprout its own vessels, this vascular network does not supply the tumor parts evenly, so that there are areas with insufficient blood supply and low-oxygenation in addition to adequately supplied areas. The central part of the tumor in particular is mostly undersupplied and therefore consists of dead cells (central necrosis). It is in this low-oxygen environment that the tumor's own enzyme works for lactic acid fermentation (Transketolase) particularly efficient. It not only simplifies the absorption of sugar into the tumor cells, but at the same time inhibits their suicide program (Apoptosis), so that these continue to divide inexorably and increasingly degenerate from their original tissue (dedifferentiate).
Behind the abbreviation 'PH value' is the Latin term 'pondus hydrogenii' - in English 'weight of hydrogen'. The pH value is therefore a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions (H3O +) in an aqueous solution. The corresponding scale ranges from 0 to 14 or from 'strongly acidic' to 'strongly basic'. A solution with a pH value of 7 is considered neutral.
The pH level in the blood of the human body should be 7.36 - 7.44. Under these conditions, both defense cells and enzymes work most efficiently (PH optimum). Particularly in the context of cancer, this balance can be disturbed to the effect that the body goes into a state of hyperacidity (Acidosis) device, which is associated with negative effects for the entire organism. In the following it should be explained what causes hyperacidity in cancer. In addition, measures are presented that can help prevent such a condition.
Another factor that leads to acidosis in the context of cancer is malnutrition. On the one hand, this results from the increase in the basal metabolic rate in the case of tumor diseases. On the other hand, side effects such as pain and nausea lead to a decrease in appetite and thus to emaciation in the medium to long term (Anorexia-cachexia syndrome). From a biological point of view, the body is in the so-called starvation metabolism and gains more energy from by-products of fat metabolism (Ketones). This process (Ketolysis) also shifts the pH value into the acidic range.
When there is an increased amount of lactate, as well as when energy is generated by ketones, the body tries to counteract acidification by prolonged and deepened breathing with a correspondingly high emission of carbon dioxide (respiratory compensation). In addition, the body's own base stores (bicarbonate) are used to avert impending acidosis.
Treatment of hyperacidity in cancer
In the run-up to an impending acidosis, many people complain of rapid Fatigue, mood swings, poor performance, hair and nail problems or increased sweating. If these warning signals occur, it is advisable to check the pH value of the morning urine with a test strip from the pharmacy. In the fasted state, the midstream urine may be slightly acidic with values around 6.5-7. A weakly alkaline range of 7.5-8 should be reached two hours after a meal. If the values remain slightly acidic, it is advisable to relieve the body with a diet rich in alkaline and to reduce the proportion of acidic foods to about a third.
Dried fruits, milk and mushrooms are slightly alkaline. The strongly base-forming foods include all types of vegetables, potatoes, fruits, tea and mineral water. Minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium can also bind acids, which helps to neutralize the pH value. Special base powders, which can be bought in drugstores and pharmacies for this purpose, should only be taken after consulting a doctor.
Highly acidic foods such as eggs, cheese, sausage, meat and white flour products, but also fast food, sugar, sweets, coffee and soft drinks such as cola, Fanta or Sprite should be avoided.
Especially since deeper breathing also helps to compensate for excess acidity, regular light physical activity in the form of walks or cycling makes sense.
As mentioned when considering the medical background, the body has mechanisms to avert over-acidification. The preferred intake of alkaline-looking foods as well as light physical activity can support these natural compensation mechanisms. Manifest hyperacidity (decompensated acidosis), on the other hand, must be treated by a doctor because, in addition to correcting the pH value, it is also a matter of clarifying the cause of the derailment.
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Enzymes: Function and Structure, http://www.rsc.org/Education/Teachers/Resources/cfb/enzymes.htm, March 14, 2014
- Dipl. Ing.Wilfired Kunze, Technical terms: PH value, 14.03.2015
- Dr. Friedrich Douwes, Cancer Cells Under Forced Ventilation - A Confirmation of the Warburg Hypothesis?
- Paul Schornack and Robert Gillies, Contributions of Cell Metabolism and H.+ Diffusion to the Acidic pH of Tumor,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1502399/, March 12, 2015
- Dr. Stefan Bentz et al.,Hypoxia induces the expression of transketolase-like 1 in human colorectal cancer,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24193262, March 12, 2015
- Society for Biological Cancer Defense, Acid-base balance,
- Which encourages people to write movie reviews
- What are the reasons for killing someone?
- You can't have intelligence, but you can be philosophical
- How do I use betting bots
- What is my facebook url
- How does an Americas Cup race work
- What would happen if murder was legalized?
- There is evidence for billions of galaxies
- What is a window
- What is the best FPS gaming mouse
- Who is the poorest person on earth?
- What are some things that people love
- What is needed for time travel
- Why do sheep have black heads?
- Would you take in a homeless person
- Are private schools effective
- What is the art of learning probability
- Why does science prefer python
- What happens when aluminum reacts with steam
- Why did you lose faith in humanity
- What is the future of chatbots
- Why is the North Sea not blue?
- Are modern societies patriarchal
- What is 10 out of 1,000
- How do I import bloggers into WordPress
- How do prisoners get drugs into prisons?
- How effective is the current ADHD treatment
- How is Discord different from IRC
- How do I create a good student
- Ever wear cut off jean shorts
- Why are pumice stones lightweight
- Has Arsenal stopped playing attractive football
- Is there a varied cuisine in Yangon Myanmar
- Where did Indian media go wrong