What theory is used for vacuum cleaners
Vacuum cleaner with or without a bag - which is better?
With or without? When looking for a new vacuum cleaner these days, the question arises: should the new device be with or without a bag? UPDATED shows the strengths and weaknesses of both models.
The key data of the bag question
The advantages and disadvantages of the various vacuum cleaner models are briefly listed below:
Bagless vacuum cleaner
- Mostly lower weight thanks to compact design
- No loss of suction power
- Environmentally friendly
- No running costs through bags
- Virtually odorless
- Higher purchase price
- Sometimes very loud
- Emptying the container creates dust
- Frequent cleaning of the collecting container necessary
Bag vacuum cleaner:
- Favorable price
- Bags can be quickly and
- Change almost dust-free
- Running costs through bags
- Loss of suction power as the bag becomes full
- Bags create rubbish
- Smell the bag
Price question: which variant is cheaper?
As with all new acquisitions, the question of cost also plays a decisive role with the vacuum cleaner. In this point, the vacuum cleaner with a bag has a clear advantage: It is usually only half as expensive as the bagless device. Over time, however, it balances out again, since of course new vacuum cleaner bags have to be bought regularly.
Whether the vacuum cleaner with or without a bag is cheaper depends on the individual use:
- How often do you suck?
- How big is the area to be cleaned?
- How much dirt is there? Do animals or children live in the house?
Below are a few examples that will help you answer the prize question.
Living area: 50 square meters - weekly cleaning
With a living space of around 50 square meters and weekly cleaning, it is sufficient to change the bag every two to three months. Assuming a service life of the vacuum cleaner of eight years and an average bag price of 1.50 euros, the additional costs are around 60 euros. From a cost perspective, it is worth buying the cheaper vacuum cleaner with a bag.
- 5 bags / year x 8 years x 1.50 euros bag price = 60 euros
Living area: 100 square meters - daily cleaning
With a living space of 100 square meters or a higher level of dirt from pets or a large family, the calculation is already different. Daily cleaning means that a bag should be changed about once a month. With the same parameters, the costs add up to almost 150 euros, and even more for more expensive bags. Buying a more expensive bagless device can be worthwhile here.
- 12 bags / year x 8 years x 1.50 euros bag price = 144 euros
No differences in performance - in theory
Who is the quickest way to remove dirt, dust and hair from carpets & Co.? In some cases there are huge differences - between vacuum cleaners from different manufacturers. Whether the vacuum cleaner works with or without a bag is less important than one would initially assume. In theory, both models suck about equally well. Important for vacuum cleaners with bags: The fuller the bag, the lower the suction power.
Allergy sufferers can breathe a sigh of relief
Constant cold, itching in the nose to asthma: If you suffer from a house dust allergy, it helps if the dust concentration in your own four walls is as low as possible. How much fine dust a vacuum cleaner blows back into the air depends primarily on the built-in filter. If possible, allergy sufferers should make sure to buy a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. The filter type is divided into various classes E10 to E12 (EPA) as well as H13 and H14 (HEPA) depending on the filter performance. The best filters remove up to 99.995 percent of all pollutants. In general, the higher the filter class, the cleaner the air that comes out of the vacuum cleaner. In addition, some bagless vacuum cleaners come with a water filter. These also filter the exhaust air through water. This will hold back pollen and fine dust particles.
A bagless vacuum cleaner with a water filter and a high filter class is therefore best suited to reduce house dust in the room air. However, with bagless vacuum cleaners, the container has to be tipped out regularly - a very dusty affair. It is therefore better to empty the container outside of your living space, either directly above the garbage can or at least in a plastic bag.
Allergy sufferers should therefore primarily orientate themselves on the filter class of the vacuum cleaner. You should only use a bagless model if the container can be easily emptied outside the home.
You can find more on the subject of vacuum cleaner choice for allergy sufferers in the guide “Finally take a deep breath: Tips on vacuum cleaner choice for allergy sufferers”.
No bags, but hearing protection instead?
A lot of noise about nothing? Not quite, because often are Bagless vacuum cleaners are significantly louder than their bag counterparts. This is due to the cyclone technology that is used in vacuum cleaners without a bag. The technology used requires a strong suction current, so the motor output cannot be reduced electronically or only minimally. Depending on the model, the suction strength can be regulated on the device, but this has no effect on the volume - it remains loud. In the case of vacuum cleaners with a bag, however, the volume is reduced when the power is regulated.
Cleaning is faster with the bag
So that a vacuum cleaner does not start to give off unpleasant odors, it must be cleaned at least every three months. Since the main source of the odor is usually in the bag, this disadvantage is also a plus point: The closed bag can simply be disposed of with household waste and the bad odor can be eliminated in a few simple steps. With the bagless version, the user should clean the dust container regularly. Many manufacturers even recommend emptying and cleaning after each use. In everyday life, however, depending on usage behavior, thorough cleaning every 2 to 4 weeks is usually sufficient. Don't forget to take this opportunity to rinse the container and let it dry completely. Overall, the bag vacuum cleaners have the edge in this category. Nevertheless, regular cleaning is necessary for both types of vacuum cleaner.
Design and weight: simply cooler without a bag
Those who value the appearance of the vacuum cleaner are more likely to go for the bagless model. Since there is no need for a large pouch compartment, there is greater scope for design with these devices. The models usually look more modern.
In terms of weight: vacuum cleaners without a bag are clearly ahead here. Thanks to their compact design, they are usually lighter than their pouch competitors.
The right vacuum cleaner for your needs
Here you will find a summary of the respective advantages and disadvantages for devices with or without a bag:
- Those who want modern technology and are not afraid of regular cleaning of the device are more likely to use the bagless model.
- If the typical vacuum cleaner smell doesn't bother you and if you prefer to change a bag instead of cleaning a device, a conventional vacuum cleaner is a good choice.
- Which variant is cheaper depends on how big your living space is and how often you vacuum: With a large living space of 100 square meters and daily cleaning, the bagless vacuum cleaner is worthwhile. The models are more expensive to buy, but no bags have to be bought. If you vacuum little and only small areas anyway, you don't have to buy new bags that often. Here the purchase of the cheaper vacuum cleaner with bag pays off.
Disclaimer OTTO (GmbH & Co KG) assumes no liability for the correctness, topicality, completeness, effectiveness and harmlessness of the information and recommendations made available on updated.de. It is expressly pointed out that the official manufacturer's specifications are to be observed before all other information and recommendations and only these can guarantee a safe and proper use of the respective purchase items.
- How do high voltage capacitors work
- What are the best niches for AdSense
- Political correctness is more offensive
- How many people buy their groceries online
- How big can a dropshipping business get?
- Should criminals have human rights
- What is the main vision of life
- What is the dual nature of light
- What color goes with an orange shirt
- Do squats worsen scoliosis
- Why is Australia increasing its military quickly
- Healthy nutrition must be expensive
- How do I clean a greasy oven
- What is a wheat penny from 1931 worth
- How are operating systems developed
- What is the best treatment for cancer
- Obesity can be treated with thyroid medication
- C vs Fortran as Numerical Computing Libraries
- Has mulesoft competitive salaries
- What is the Ubers server architecture
- Why do people use the internet 1
- Voldemort is a descendant of Salazar Slytherin
- How do I unsubscribe from this service
- What kind of coins are valuable