Why is the grass growing all over the place
Perfect lawn: the most important tricks for hobby gardeners
Lawn is an invention. It's not natural, it's art. The ornamental green behind the house, the hard-wearing surface in the football stadium and the elegant areas on the golf course consist of a mixture of real grass. But in nature they would never grow so densely, so briefly or in this species composition.
Grasses love clay or sand, meadows or floodplains - but front gardens or sports fields? Not really. For grasses, life as a lawn is a compulsion. You actually strive upwards, wanting out of the shadows and into the light. Only here do they get enough solar energy to produce the biomolecules that make up a plant from carbon dioxide, air and water and a few other ingredients. In Central Europe, the grass species grow in a loose association and up to one meter high. The more work it means for gardeners to turn the grass into a green carpet.
Proper watering and mowing is important
After the dry, hot summer, the lawn in many gardens is just a brownish stubble. But now there is another chance. September is one of the best months to plant new seeds. Since extreme weather conditions, as in the past months, will increase in the future, a few things should be considered when sowing and cultivating. Not only the right types of grass are crucial for a green lawn, but also the right soil conditions and, above all, the right watering and mowing.
The grasses in a meadow become a lawn mainly because they are constantly beheaded. Shoots that normally soar in search of light are cut prematurely by the lawnmower. In order to refuel enough energy, the grasses then only have the opportunity to form many side shoots and runners. This is how the loosely growing grass in a meadow becomes a lawn.
The basic recipe for a densely vegetated area is therefore “mow, mow, mow”. Lawn specialist Matthäus Wagner from the company Juliwa-Hesa in Heidelberg, which specializes in lawn seeds, specifies: "At least once a week in the growing season, mowing is the order of the day, and often more."
Since the medium-term forecasts for many regions of Germany predict more frequent dry phases, the manufacturers have now adapted the seeds and mixed drought-resistant species into the lawn seeds. The most common types of grass in lawn mixes are ryegrass, red fescue and meadow panicle. However, a completely new type of lawn is not yet in sight.
- What are the mannerisms INTPs do inadvertently
- Which country loves sex the most
- Which is more developed in Manila or Kuala
- Anorexia is a mental illness
- What question do I expect from the interview
- Snow White was bad
- Is pansexual the same as bisexual 1
- Are psychopaths moody
- What does a product engineer do
- What do you usually like to eat
- What is called climbing in Mandarin
- What is x y in Python 5
- What are the salaries for a Google Product Manager
- Why cats blink with one eye
- What are your best vegan dessert recipes
- Is capitalism predatory by nature
- Should there be homeless
- How many stones are there per pallet?
- Is heroin a crime?
- What is chemistry and physics
- What do you think of guest blogging
- Why was Albert Camus considered so attractive
- How do you promote a thoughtful blog
- How much does a 1988 20 invoice cost