How do chiropractors fit the neck
Chiropractic: hands off the cervical spine!
In general, chiropractic therapy is considered harmless if it is carried out properly. Can have slight side effects sore muscles in the shoulder and neck area as well as a slight dizziness. But when it comes to straightening the cervical spine, chiropractic should not be used.
Dangers of treating the cervical spine
However, manipulation of the cervical spine can be problematic or even life-threatening. This is confirmed by findings from the Berlin Charité, among other things.
The reason: it runs right next to the cervical spine Vertebral arterythat supplies blood to the brain. If the head is turned too much, this can be injured.
This is more likely to happen if the vein is already damaged. Then the vessel wall tears. There is a risk of a blood clot forming and starting to migrate. The consequences can range up to Paralysis and strokes walk.
The risk increases, of course, the more amateurish the therapist works.
A Canadian study came to frightening results some time ago: For almost 40 percent of all strokes studied by the Canadian Stroke Society in under-45s that were caused by Damage to the cervical artery chiropractors are responsible.
But another study shows that there is no link between strokes and chiropractic therapy. The researchers claim that the manipulations or restrictions could not cause strokes.
But patients still have to be informed about possible causes of sore throats and be referred to a doctor, because only a specialist can discover the problems and health risks in good time. As a result, a ban on chiropractic interventions on the cervical spine was demanded.
Protect yourself against incorrect treatment
The doctor must inform you about the danger of this very rare, but all the more serious damage to the carotid artery. At Cervical spine discomfort should be done before starting treatment necessarily an x-ray are present.
It must be ruled out that the artery has already been damaged, for example by a Arteriosclerosis. More and more medical specialists have come to the view that the risk of such a grab is not justified by a corresponding benefit. They strongly advise against straightening the cervical spine.
Chiropractic has no place in these complaints
The most common areas of application for chiropractic
- Muscle tension on the Spine
- Disturbances in the joint
- Discomfort in the shoulder and arm area
- Nerve irritation in the joints
Lumbago - origin, symptoms & treatmentAll information about lumbago Definition lumbago: Violent, suddenly occurring back pain after spontaneous movements Medical: Lumbago, or acute lumbalgia Cause: irritation of the nerves that supply the spine Special feature: Pain radiates in… ›read more
An expert in the field of sports and fitness Helmut Erb was a combat swimmer in the German Navy for well over 30 years. His professional [...]
- What does Moscow Russia look like
- It is paradoxical when we discover time travel
- What color goes with pink
- All narcissists have ADHD
- Can left sided heart failure be cured
- What sports build leg muscles
- Is skateboarding childish
- Who is better Ronaldo or Messi 20
- Why is manual labor important
- Can a black hole be a wormhole?
- Is anime porn allowed in Islam
- What are symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis
- Which tile brand is suitable for the home
- What are the types of search engines
- What is space-time distortion
- Is Walmart angry
- Why did you move to Malaysia
- Is there a drug that can be used to prevent cancer
- What is the common name of Selaginella
- How healthier is Vietnam food than others
- How good is the film Bahubali
- How can we bend the time
- What were some of Thomas Hobbes' beliefs
- Is the space-time continuum real?