Who is the poorest person on earth?
Forbes publishes list of the world's poorest people
New York (EZ) | Business magazine Forbes today unveiled its annual list of the world's poorest people. This time too, one looks in vain for German destitute people.
The American magazine has been raising the hit list of the poorest of the poor every year since 1987. The current special supplement with the most interesting facts about the 2 billion front runners is included on 30 data DVDs in the next issue.
The editors focus on people with an annual income of less than $ 300. As almost every year, the top position is shared by almost 600 million people who even live completely without their own income or property.
However, as editor-in-chief Steve Forbes explains, there are only a few of the poorest people in the world who were there last year. “The fluctuation, especially at the top, is very high,” says Forbes. "Many of them die of a lifestyle commensurate with their income."
But there are also some well-known names from previous years to be found again this time. "Somali man Ahmed Ibn al-Hussamin lost a lot of places in 2017 because he took a job as a street sweeper." He is only at number 201 on the list, along with about 20,000,000 others who cost around $ 50 live in the year.
But there are also surprises: The Congolese Onk’Dongo Fariam, still in third place in 2010, has moved up to the top. “Fariam owes this jump to the illness of one of his daughters. Treating measles cost so much money that he now had to sell his very last grain reserves. ”Last year these were still counted as assets.
As expected, you won't find any Germans in the list. In the media, the hermit and former waiter Eberhard Knollinger has long been considered the hottest favorite and great hope of being the first German to be included in the list. Knollinger, who lives in self-chosen solitude in Bavarian forests, received social benefits last year; he was also active as a beggar and could not be considered by Forbes.
At the same time, Forbes also published the list of the richest in the world, including heise.de reporting on it.
(JPL / Photo: EZ Media Service, using this image: By Jerzy Gorecki - https://pixabay.com/en/poverty-pauper-poor-street-1274179/, CC0, Link)
Pay this contribution
You can now pay for the article you just read. It is processed easily via PayPal, but there are other payment methods (SEPA and credit card, for example). By the way, your money ends up with a reputable publisher, namely Seriöse Verlag.
- Are modern societies patriarchal
- Why are people moving away from Hawaii
- How do I fix my homemade butter
- Restaurants may charge service fees
- Is Bernie Sanders an optimist
- How do prisoners get entertainment in prisons
- How is the universe expanding
- Can overweight people be cops?
- Obesity can be treated with thyroid medication
- Flies Jet Airways to the United States
- What are the characteristics of people
- What is cervical cervical stenosis
- When does magnetism turn into gravity?
- What happened to the Nephites
- Is Simplilearn a good institute
- What is failure mode and effect analysis
- Who was the inventor of the vacuum cleaner
- How much did Harry love Cho
- How would artificial intelligence perceive time
- How many square meters is in 1m
- What are the Symptoms of High Cholesterol
- How can I do 1 million blogs
- Eat slim loris latex
- In how many countries is McDonalds represented?
- How does SpaceX compare to NASA
- Why should I study finance
- Why do you share everything with friends
- How do you eliminate dog odor
- You can download videos from Periscope
- Can someone really predict the market accurately
- Is it rude to be blunt?
- Ambidextrous people have higher IQ scores
- Have you ever been betrayed
- How do you define patriotism