What is reflective tape used for?
Reflector foil: is this allowed on the vehicle?
Fine calculator »Reflector film: is this allowed on the vehicle?
From bussgeldrechner.org, last update on: February 17, 2021
Self-adhesive reflective film and possible areas of application
Reflector foil, in red, black, yellow or even white, is sometimes called Safety device in road traffic used. The reflective film is also known under the term reflective film and can be found on otherwise unlit objects against which approaching motorists should be warned. It is not uncommon for there to be several stripes as so-called Contour marking attached to stationary vehicles.
Emergency vehicles from Emergency services, breakdown helpers and police officers use reflector foil. The question therefore often arises: may Private individuals Buy reflective foil yourself at a hardware store and attach it to your vehicle? The following guide will tell you whether it is permissible to use reflective film as a Contour marking or lighting replacement serves. Regarding the use of reflective sheeting in tuning, both cars and bicycles are discussed here.
FAQ: reflector foil
Attaching reflective materials increases the visibility of the respective vehicles, which increases safety in traffic.
Since 2013, new trucks in the EU have had to be equipped with contour markings made of reflective material.
Reflector foil on the car
When asked whether reflective foil is allowed on the car, it helps to take a look at the EU standard ECE 48that deals with the installation of lighting equipment. This defines some vehicle types for which retroreflective markings are permitted.
The Road traffic regulations (StVO) also provides clear guidelines on which lighting devices must be present on the vehicle and when they can be used. Regarding the use of reflective tape, however, is also § 53Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO) are decisive. Among other things, it says:
The marking of […] heavy and long vehicles - with the exception of passenger cars - with a length of more than 6.00 m with contour markings made of white or yellow retroreflective materials, which comply with the provisions specified in the appendix to this regulation, is permitted. In the case of the vehicles mentioned in sentence 1 no. 3, advertising made from retroreflective materials of different colors is permitted on the side surfaces of the vehicles in conjunction with the contour marking, which corresponds to the provisions specified in the appendix to this regulation.
Reflector foil with the marking ECE 104 Consequently, it must not be attached to the side surface of cars or trailers with a permissible total weight of up to 750 kg.
Come contrary to these regulations If a reflective film is still used, the police can initiate administrative fines. Especially when a hazard or disability has arisen.
Reflector foil on the bike
Reflector sheet that is self-adhesive can be attached, is also used by some bike enthusiasts to be better seen in the dark. Thereby the reflective tape is often used on the rims or the frame attached to the bike. But what does the legislature say about it?
You might also be interested in:
- How many zeros are in ten thousand
- Have pagans gifts that give holidays
- Why do I keep smelling cigarette smoke
- What are some extrovert problems
- Which country is happiest with its health care?
- What is a local tourist destination
- Can we create Android app in R.
- What are some examples of unethical behavior
- What is the hotel room service
- Is Amazon Affiliate Marketing Profitable
- Sometimes introverts flaunt their introversion
- What does a sea turtle mean
- How big is the market for educational games
- What is AssertionError in Python
- Why do stores sell gift cards
- Spirulina is grown in India
- How much did it cost to buy in Louisiana
- What is the rule of thumb for the right hand
- Which factors would increase the LIBOR
- What prevents infidelity
- Get a 3rd grade degree equivalent to the diploma
- What should we never forget
- Which one is more profitable in affiliate marketing
- How many internships should I apply for?