Which sport is harder to row or dance to
Knowledge What sports can you do if you are very overweight?
Obesity is the biggest health killer these days. According to surveys by the Robert Koch Institute, 67 percent of men, more than 50 percent of women and more than every seventh child (age: 3 to 17 years) are overweight, i.e. they have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or above. Obesity (obesity) begins with a BMI of 30 (see below). The bottom line is: The heavier you are, the better you have to be careful that your cardiovascular system, but also your tendons, ligaments and joints are not affected by the sporting load. For those who are particularly heavy, therefore, sports in which the weight is not so important, such as swimming and aqua fitness, are particularly recommended.
First, calculate your BMI so that you can roughly estimate the extent of your excess weight. The definition for the BMI is: body weight in kilograms divided by the height in meters squared. And that's them Weight classes according to the World Health Organization:
Normal weight 18.5-24.9
Overweight ≥ 25
Grade I obesity 30.0-34.9
Grade II obesity 35.0–39.9
Grade III obesity ≥ 40
Exercise if you are very overweight
The most important thing for reducing body weight is an active mix of endurance sports, strength training and exercise in everyday life! That's how it's done:
- Strength training: Weight training changes the body composition positively. The proportion of lean muscle mass increases - this also means an increase in the basal metabolic rate. As a result, the body burns more and more calories, even when at rest - during the day and at night. Another advantage of strength training: The joints that are heavily stressed when you are overweight are stabilized.
- Endurance training: The heart and circulation are strengthened, the general state of health improves. Cardiosport also counteracts high blood pressure, improves the cholesterol level and also has a positive effect on type 2 diabetics.
- Everyday movement: Is very important for a more dynamic lifestyle. Experts recommend a step count of 2000 per day. The best thing to do is to get a step counter (pedometer).
How often should overweight people exercise?
General recommendations for a minimum of physical activity are: Two sports units per week, preferably not on consecutive days. In addition, walks or bike rides. Each exercise island should last at least 30 minutes. Optimal sports for overweight people are:
- Endurance sports:
- Running activities: brisk walking, Nordic walking, mountain hiking
- Activities with body weight relief: cycling, ergometer / home trainer, swimming, aquafit
- Conditionally suitable: cross-country skiing, rowing, dancing, golf (without buggy)
- Weight training:
- Holistic programs: Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi
- Resistance training: Theraband or cable pull, guided training on machines, workouts with free weights (dumbbells and barbell)
- What qualities make the most likable character
- What if Venezuela invaded the Brazilian Amazon?
- Which blogging platform is amp
- How do Yale students dress
- How serious are bed bugs
- Where can I get online sales training
- How can I simply solve an algorithm
- How physically fit are special forces soldiers
- When did Vikings Scandinavia become Christians?
- How do prisoners get entertainment in prisons
- Which search engines don't ignore punctuation
- What makes AirPods so popular
- Why should we be proud of Indians
- What is the oldest recipe in the world
- Will virtual reality replace traditional education
- What is the fee for UG students
- Can cats eat human food?
- What's the best birthday cake ever
- Boating How to extend the bathing platform
- How do I become a head of the company
- What are the best cuckold sites
- What are the dangers of deadlifting
- Which cricketers support football clubs
- What are some popular English names