Life revolves around money
How money affects our lives
On the way to a relaxed and successful handling of money | Banker and psychological consultant writes a humorous non-fiction book
Heidelberg, July 25, 2017
Everyone is part of a social and economic system that is built on money. Money rules the world and without a doubt it always has a psychosocial meaning in addition to the economic one. Money influences our lives, our feelings, our thoughts and actions in many ways. We are aware of some of this, but money has the greatest influence on our subconscious. The power that money has over us is great, and nevertheless, or precisely because of it, money is still a taboo subject, similar to sexuality and death. Just as one cannot non-communicate, no more can people have a purely objective relationship with money, because it is always emotionally charged. Money is a projection surface for our inner world. It stands for success, security, freedom and recognition, but also for dependency, isolation and fears, and arouses feelings such as pride and envy. Why does money have this effect on individuals and society as a whole? Does happiness really depend on money? Silvia Breier answers these and other questions in the Springer non-fiction book Money makes you feel.
“Our relationship with money is full of emotions. We desire it, we maintain a sensual relationship with it and hope that money will satisfy our most secret desires. Who rules whom here is, however, questionable, ”concludes Breier. The fulfillment of emotional needs through money is often not long-lasting - and rich people are not per se happier than poor. In this book, the expert explains what really matters and what the relationship to money should actually look like.
The psychologist knows how to combine depth and behavioral psychological as well as social and sociological aspects in the non-fiction book. In nine entertaining chapters, Silvia Breier reveals psychological behavior patterns using examples and makes easy-to-understand relationships between theory and everyday life. In the last chapter, the reader can use self-awareness exercises to analyze his own relationship to money. The way we feel about money, what we think of it and what feelings we associate with it, influence how we deal with it and decide whether we are financially successful or fail. Through the exercises, the reader arrives at a relaxed and successful handling of money and a contented life.
Silvia Breier is originally a banker and on the one hand brings her expertise in dealing with money to the book. As a psychological consultant, coach and mental trainer, she in turn knows its effect on people and realizes that her clients' problems often revolve around "dear money". It accompanies people on their way to greater satisfaction and joie de vivre - regardless of the amount of the account balance. “You can be happy even without money and the most beautiful things in life are free anyway, but not for free. People should give money the status it deserves. Nothing more and nothing less. ”Says Silvia Breier.
Money makes you feel
How money influences the way we think, feel and act
2017. 235 pp.
Softcover € 19.99 (D) | € 20.46 (A) | CHF 20.50
Also available as an eBook
Information, cover and downloads for the book
Author's event with Silvia Breier on September 27, 2017 in Vienna. More information here.
Overview page of all Springer non-fiction books
Service for journalists
Journalists will receive a review copy of the book on requestMoney makes you feelsent by us.
Our SpringerAlert for book reviewers gives you the opportunity to be regularly informed about our new publications. For this, too, you have to register once and enter your interest profile.
Elisa Schmich | Springer Nature | Communications | tel +49 6221 487 8166 |
- All strong men use steroids
- How do you optimize a conversion funnel
- Could modern mammals survive among dinosaurs?
- Where does the hospital get their money from
- How should fat people deal with bullies
- Why is the financial market important
- Was Steve Rogers really a friend of Tony Starks?
- How does local SEO work 1
- E-commerce, Shopify is good for affiliate marketing
- Is anime porn allowed in Islam
- Japanese language What does okurishimasu mean
- Is a submarine a ship
- Why should I buy a gaming chair?
- Where are all the dead animals
- How do you buy an oil field
- How do I deactivate plugins in WordPress
- Are vultures lazier than birds of prey
- Which C ++ libraries should I learn
- Can you prove that capitalism is bad
- Why does gravity bend space
- How socialist is Venezuela
- How old are your children
- How can Instacart compete with Amazon Fresh
- What makes KSRTC so special
- Who is Turkey's best ally?
- What is the purpose of a protective tariff
- Dan Holliday is a Liberal
- What is the MLM Generation Plan
- Why don't people blog every day
- What does Capisci mean in Italian
- What is the best military from ww2
- Are leftists actually checking their news sources
- Can running or jogging really reduce weight
- Why did Descartes doubt everything